Sigma Omicron Alumni Association Officer Elections
Officers of the TKE Sigma Omicron Alumni Association are elected for One (1) Year Terms and serve until their replacement is selected.
- Nominations are open from December 10, 2020 through January 9, 2021.
- Voting will take place online beginning on January 10, 2021 and continue through January 24, 2021.
- To be considered for election to the Executive Board, candidates must be a voting member, nominated, and duly seconded during the nomination process when elections are being held.
- Any voting member in good standings may nominate himself or another member for any of the positions.
- Each nominee will be contacted and must accept their nomination prior to the election.
To submit your nomination and/or vote you MUST be logged in. Not a member yet? Click the button below to register your membership.
Voting has concluded!
Below are the association bylaws pertaining to elections and membership.
ARTICLE II: MEMBERSHIP, VOTING MEMBERS’ MEETING, VOTING
SECTION 1. Every duly initiated member of the Sigma Omicron Chapter, upon leaving Middle Tennessee State University, shall automatically become a member of this Association, and his membership shall continue until his death, unless he is formally expelled or suspended from Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity.
SECTION 2. Members who are current on their membership dues are granted voting rights and are herein referred to as voting members.
ARTICLE III: EXECUTIVE BOARD, HOW ELECTED, POWERS
SECTION 1. All activities of the Association shall be guided by, and its ordinary powers vested in an Executive Board, which shall consist of at least four (4) and no more than eight (8) Officers of this Association.
SECTION 2. Officers shall serve one-year terms.
SECTION 3. To be considered for election to the Executive Board, candidates must be a voting member, nominated, and duly seconded during the nomination process when elections are being held. Any voting member can make nominations.
SECTION 4. Vacancies on the Executive Board between election dates shall be filled for the unexpired terms by appointment of the majority of the Executive Board.
ARTICLE IV: OFFICERS
SECTION 1. Officers of the Association shall be elected by majority vote of voting members of the Association.
SECTION 2. The Officers shall be the President, Vice-President, Secretary, Historian, and Treasurer. No member may hold more than one office at one time.